Children of Gotham
Fallen IAB Quantumancer
Scale: Supernatural; Fate Points: 3/3
Total Refresh: 3 (Available Refresh: 3 Spent Refresh: 0)
- High Concept: Fallen IAB Quantumancer
- Trouble: Barely Functioning Addict
- Collateral Damage Happens
- Twisted Iron Principals
- Blackgate Infamous
- Animal of the Urban Jungle
Stress & Conditions
Stress: (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)
In Peril (Sticky): (4)
Doomed (Lasting): (6)
Indebted (Sticky): (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)
Exhausted (Sticky): (1) – Mark this condition to boost your magical power, as described by the Evocation stunt. When you are Exhausted, the GM has one boost to use against you in any scene in which your fatigue may be used against you. The GM may claim this boost at any time during a relevant scene. Clearing Exhausted, of course, requires an active eﬀort to rest. The GM may allow this recovery to occur between any two scenes involving a sufficient time jump.
Burned Out (Lasting): (1) – Mark this condition to further boost your magical power for the rest of the scene, as described by the Evocation stunt. Afterward, you cannot use magic, period, until Burned Out is fully recovered. Begin recovery by eating, meditating, or otherwise deliberately resting as per the Exhausted condition. Recover fully at the end of the following session.
The Third Eye (Sticky): (1) – Mark this condition when utilizing your magical Sight to view the mystical, true world overlaid on the material world. While the condition is marked, your memory is eidetic and the following are true:
- You view everything as a metaphorical expression of its true nature. A mugger on the prowl may appear as a starving jungle beast, or a freighter may attain a seraphic semblance.
- The Sight ignores supernatural disguises or glamours and grants no guidance in interpretation of what is seen.
- You may attempt interpretation by making an overcome roll with Focus against Fair (+2) opposition or your target’s most appropriate approach, whichever is higher. If you use an approach other than Focus, increase opposition by 2. If you fail, mark a condition from the confusing, horrific barrage of images searing into your mind or you are taken out (page 189) of the scene. On a tie, choose between three options: marking a condition, being taken out but receiving the clarity sought, or remaining confounded but avoiding harm. A success provides elucidation, which the GM may elect to make an advantage with a free invoke. Succeeding with style grants an extra invoke.
Any supernatural being engaged in a contest or conﬂict against you has the benefit of scale as your mind copes with their continued presence as viewed through the Sight. If they already had scale on you, they get an additional level of it. To recover this condition, simply close your Third Eye. Your recall of everything witnessed is ﬂawless, and any later attempts at interpretation must be treated as if the Eye were again open.
Evocation: As a wizard, you can cast magical spells comprising the five elements: fire, air, earth, water, and spirit. In game terms, you may perform any of the four basic actions with spectacular magical eﬀects such as defending with a shield of ice or creating an advantage by shifting earth beneath the opponent’s feet. Your actions may have scale at the GM’s discretion. If desired, push yourself to increase the spell’s eﬀect as follows:
- Mark a stress box for +1 or two boxes for +2 on any one magical action. You may mark only two boxes at a time.
- Mark Exhausted to add +4 to any single magical action or to attack multiple targets magically without dividing your roll.
- Mark Burned Out to gain +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene or, if Exhausted is already marked, to attack multiple targets with magic without having to divide your roll. These benefits are cumulative: if you mark two stress boxes and both conditions, you could do a single magical action at +8, and then have +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene.
Thaumaturgy: You excel at ritual magic. Add +2 to the preparation roll for any ritual.
Soulgaze: When looking someone directly in the eye for more than a few seconds, you peer into their soul and they likewise see into yours. The exchange manifests itself as a cryptic vision. Make a Careful roll, opposed by their Careful roll; the winner learns one concrete, useful piece of information about the other individual, or two things if the winner succeeds with style. On a tie, each person learns something. These things can be advantages with a free invoke at the GM’s discretion.
Mirror Hop: You have the ability to travel the ways of the spirit world, using mirrored surfaces as an entrance and exit. Once per session, you may conveniently arrive in a scene in a manner and time of your choosing without consideration of time or distance.
Minor Milestones (Available: 0)
May 7, 2017 – None
May 14, 2017 – None
Significant Milestone (Available: 1)
Major Milestone (Available: 0)